Friday 4 June 2010

The Parent's

Well apologies for not blogging this week much. I do have a reason and that is my mother has been over. She lives in France normally but has been over for the past week. it is great to have her here, but it will be equally great to have my house back too.

Not only that i will also be able to get back to playing my fave game, Wow, it has had to take a sideline whilst my mum has been here. I feel like i have not visited half my friends!
I also went out on a 'date' last night. To many it is a case of 'so?' but in lesbian land..dating isn't really done that often.It is usually a case of going out,getting drunk meeting someone..sleep with them and that is it..bang you are in a relationship. No time to get to know them no idea if you will gt on etc. This i have learned from many a time of having done just exactly that! So it was really refreshing to go out and watch 'Sex in The City' with a very attractive woman and enjoy it!
It was a strange experience but also very exciting..aside from the fact I looked round the cinema and it was mainly women..poor blokes that were dragged along must have been bored!You could tell half of the girls had seen it as a 'girlie' night out..This I do not understand.Maybe it is because I am gay, but I just do not understand people's fascination with what they are wearing! I would not be caught dead in half of the clothes..they looked awful and pantomimish!That said the film was rather funny, what I saw or took in *giggle*.
Anyway looking outside it is a beautiful,hot day and i am stuck inside awaiting my mother's partner being released from hospital.Yes i ended up on a busman's holiday and had to take him in due to pretty bad constipation. Anyway all is well now and we are awaiting his release.it was not quite the end to a romantic night I had envisaged!
This PM I get my house back and i can sleep in my own bed and enjoy my home comforts in peace...Until i am hungover and ring my mum going 'I want a fry-up, i wish you were here!'..Mother's...they are the best and you should appreciate yours whilst you can :-)

4 comments:

  1. Morty has a spell checker!!! Yay!!!!!

    ;)

    I find what you said about lesbian relationships wierd Morty. Is it the same with gay men too I wonder? I mean, sleep with someone and you're in a relationship?!

    Now, I've never had a one-night's-stand. But, I can't imagine considering myself in a relationship with anyone after less than 24hrs 'acquaintance'. That seems almost brutal.

    Maybe it's the sheer lack of numbers to choose from (relatively speaking) that makes it so?

    (This is Sordid btw, dunno which 'profile' to choose)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Sord said, as someone who HAS had a one night stand I can say that you arent in a relationship... in fact, you can see that person 3-4 more times before being forced to decide anything.

    And as per-facebook..we knew we were right saying "giggity"! *nods*

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yes u were! and yes i wld say that too..it isnt my thoughts on that it is just how it seems to go..in the way that the 'dating' side doesnt seem as obvious..u know like going to the pics or going for a meal etc..it seems more just go out get drunk hop into bed and u dont look back after that..not truely dating as such..i mean i know it wld take a few extra before u ar pushed into making decisions as nys says, but it isnt like i see many 'date'.
    and yes maybe it is something to do with availability..i am quite lucky (?) in that i live near manchester, alot dont and live out in sticks..i wonder if then they settle for what they can find?
    with gay men? hmm well i find them alot more promiscuous and yet i also know some gay men who have been in very long term relationships, those tend to be ones off the scene..the scene queens..well..they just dont commit..mainly.
    but no i dont count myself in being ina relationship within 24 hrs,but oddly some do..they are scary..

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and yes i do hehe i used it! and i put paragraphs in...

    ReplyDelete