Thursday 27 May 2010

A Rare Visitor

Firstly let me apologise for the lack of blogging! but being on nights does tend to make life rather dull.Apart from last night, we were looking after our patients, minding our own business,and others of course,when along strolls this visitor merrily looking round into some of the major cubicles and heading down to our resus room.
There I stood, alongside another work colleague, quite astounded at what we had both witnessed. I hurriedly ran after the visitor and shouted to the nurse in our resus room to close the door, the visitor was closing in and would soon get into the room! Luckily she got to the door in time before they could get in..*phew* disaster averted..but oh no..off they went trying to get into the 1st cubicle, having been rebuffed at the resus room. Luckily I managed to stop them and pick them up.Now ordinarily, if someone was to do that I would tell tell them off in no uncertain terms, but this little bundle looked at me with such lovely eyes and purred away as if nothing was a miss! Yes, that is right a cat! We had a ginger and white cat walk in and wander through our department! so then began the game of getting the cat out of the doors to not return..and even though it was ever so cute and lovely, I had to keep shooing her away..no sooner had i deposited the bundle of fluff at the end of the building and I had turned round, than the cat had begun to follow me back in again. So I picked her up again and trundled furtherer afield and round a corner, having let her go there I hoped to get back before she saw me, as a security guard was busily distracting her. off I run, looking like a mad woman, and head back to the Main Wait in A&E, when I hear the distinct sound of a small cat collar bell running behind me, doh! Not to be out foxed (or catted) I picked her up again and took her alot further afield, this tie she really didn't like it and bit and scratched me! not such a bundle of fluff! so having made the cat rather dischuffed towards me i deposit her on a grass bank and run like a maniac to the front entrance in a bid to confuse her! Yay mission completed! 5 minutes later and no cat!
But no....there in the main hall is a ginger/white cat inspecting the triage room and chasing a hca along minors! Pesky cat!in some ways I had to laugh as it was so cute and funny, and it did provide some entertainment for patients waiting to be seen! So even though the night was busy, a cat provided some happy,if not sore , distractions for a few hours until it got fed by the security guards and then left to go back to wherever it came from! I am in no way hoping the cat will return tonight, but just in case i will take some cat treats! he he
night night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment