Wednesday 19 May 2010

Drag Days

I was reading Hawk's Blog the other day and he was commenting on the fact he has logged less and when online finds himself at a loss as to what to do. Now it is rare I get to that stage aswell, but I too am finding myself not on as much and when I do I am not really on my main char or any level 80 as it seems a monotony of 'do the daily' and that is it..the only thing left for Mort (my lock!) is to grind ICC which I can only do once a week.
This, I think, is a side effect of new content up and coming and when this was first announced I was like 'good god, we have only just started on the WOTLK' but..now there are a lot of 80 toons just standing around and not doing much..so really Blizz timed it right!The things I am looking forward to is seeing new land, new quests and levelling my char up again. The things I'm not looking forward to is the fact that every level 80 char will be doing the same..so same probs as wotlk is that places are going to be over-ground and it wil be a fight for quests. Can't have it all ways I guess.
How do we get around this? Not quite sure, but part of me thinks,well instances can get rather tedious as it is a daily grind for 2 frosts..the triumph just give you heirloom or gems, so that really doesn't give you a bonus. My thinking is that yes you can trade down but what about trading up? Of course it should cost you more to trade up as it serves to benefit you, but it may mkae the instances a bit more appealing. Not that I am bored all the time with them, but it could be another way to go.
Another thought for me is the raiding side of it..i did mention this in Scully's blog. my thought being is that, for example, Naxx has several quarters and you had to clear all to get to the last 2 bosses. The problem being is that, if you pug and only get 1 quarter down you are saved and blocked from getting into another quarter for a week, whereas if each quarter had it's own lockout you could,in theory, go and join a diff pug for 2nd quarter and so on, the trade off being is that it wont give you access to the final boss unless you have completed the required quarters on the same run (or raid ID), to me that could be a solution. But maybe the new raids will help guild runs more and make pugging less easy, in the same sense if you do pug it is more likely you would progress through to the final boss.
well that is my thoughts on WOW as it is now. I am hoping that Cata will bring back some of teh good things in TBC that made people appreciate workign at things like instances and the like. I just wonder how many Worgens we are going to see initially hehe!

1 comment:

  1. We need more Epicly long instances, Like BRD, I'm just putting that out there!

    The problem is also that as we're all in the top tier of content, leaves very little to do. I find it a struggle to do my raids every week and slip in some time on my Paladin (which I AM having fun with)

    ReplyDelete