Saturday 31 July 2010

New Challenges

Well, a week has past and I am feeling slightly more positive, I can't say i am back to being my normal bouncy self, but certainly the treacle crawling is getting a bit more like syrup now.

How have things changed?Well I set myself those tasks last week,and yep I achieved them..great! But that is one day,work makes me tired and the stress from that just builds up..but I have to say it hasn't pulled me down too much and I have tried to do little things each day.

So new challenges? I have been looking around for a while,playing around with one idea after another.for example, climbing mount Kilimanjaro.I would still like to do that, but it costs money and I would have t plan far in advance.

So, what else? Well I am now looking into doing a 10k run.I think it will have a few benefits for me, I get exercise, which is a fantastic lift to one's mood, I have something to work for and I get to raise money for charity. It also takes me away from WOW for a bit. I love WOW, I love the versatility, but I also think there needs to be a balance in your real life. When I was off it took over my life, but it also helped me through some very very low times. People were there but didn't see me as such. I could come on and no-one would know, except a select few, what I was going through.

So now I am making new habits, still playing WOW of course, but also doing other things to motivate me and keep me fit and healthy. seeing a 38 year old drop down dead kinda makes you think of your own mortality and also teaches you that life is far too short. My job is full of tales like this and it is one reason why I am still young in my head, why go around being all serious al the time? You are a long time dead. I hate when people say 'grow up' and 'act your age', why should we do that? Because of some preconceived notion from what society says or expects from us all? That by the time you are 35 or whatever, you won't be going out partying, that you would have married and had 2.2 kids and wear dull boring clothes? I think that is total poppy cock! Be yourself,stay young, have fun and live your life as you want to, not how others expect you too.

So how is WOW life going for me? I am levelling my pally up nicely. I have got Mort to the point where most of her upgrades are ICC 25 or Heroic mode so now my focus is on Noir and my druid, I wld like to sort my warrior tank out, but I am drawn to these at the moment. Maybe it is because I feel that I am not so good at tanking, we cant all excel at all things, but I love tanking,regardless, so I will revisit her soon.

One of the reasons I like WOW is because of feeling part of a Family or community as such. recently I have felt rather out on the outskirts of it all, maybe that is because I am feeling a bit low at the moment it can make me feel a bit insecure..so I needs lotsa hugs guys..

Well it is a dull dull day outside and I am thinking a day of playing WOW will be good..so catch you all on there Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment